Happy Tails Books is collecting stories about adopted dogs and compiling them into breed-specific books that support dog rescue. They want to hear from you!
Each book has a variety of sections that your dog can be featured in. The main section is comprised of a few dozen short stories (600-1200 words) about adopted dogs. Other sections include anecdotes, behavioral and medical challenges and how they were solved, recipes, and poems. Your story can be about anything regarding your dog, but most importantly should be emotional (funny, happy, sad, thought-provoking) and have a clear point.
At http://happytailsbooks.com, you can:
· submit your story
· pick up a book about your favorite breed
· join their mailing list
· find story submission guidelines
· read the “Don’t Kill Bill” blog to learn about life as a foster parent
· stay up-to-date on the latest dog advocacy news
· apply to become part of the donation pool (tax-exempt rescue groups only)
Please visit the website, and consider forwarding this information along to your friends who have adopted dogs. Happy Tails Books is publishing 3-6 books per year and is looking for stories on purebred dogs and mixed breeds.